Carthago Driving Safety & Comfort Design Concept
Modern safety and comfort systems from Fiat, AL-KO and Carthago
Safety allows no compromises. That's why, in the c-compactline and c-tourer, Carthago relies not only on the modern safety and comfort systems from the Fiat Ducato and the AL-KO low frame chassis, but also adds its own Carthago safety technology. Our understanding of safety is not only safety on the road, but also security when you arrive at your holiday destination. It's good to know we've done everything possible to achieve this.
Carthago received the first ever TuV approved certificate for motorhome driving comfort to be awarded in the entire motorhome sector.
Carthago chassis test
Safety and comfort advantages
- Safety as standard: driver and passenger airbags, Electronic Stabilisation
- Program ESP, braking force regulators ABS, traction control system ASR, starting aid Hillholder
- AL-KO low frame Special Carthago with independent suspension on rear axle = driving comfort similar to a car
- Wide wheel base rear axle 1.98 m = more driving comfort and safety (c-tourer
- Low centre of gravity, balanced weight distribution = more cornering stability
- Double floor and Carthago body construction design as highly stable composite = contribution for driving stability and for passive passenger safety
- Original Fiat Ducato safety devices with front bumper / crashbox for a high passive safety
- TuV certified driving comfort and driving safety
- A large selection of optional chassis components
Test criteria TuV certificate
- Driving stability (evasion test) according to ISO
- Driving comfort according to DIN EN on cobbled roads
- Continuous noise level in interior at a speed of 50 km/h
- AL-KO low frame chassis - a decisive step forward!
- Low own weight = greater payload, lower fuel consumption
- Extremely low centre of gravity = stable road holding, less rolling motion
- Independent suspension on rear axle instead of rigid axle = better road holding, driving comfort comparable to a passenger car
- Frame hot-dip galvanised not painted = long-term rust resistance and retention of value