Concorde Company History
The history of the German company, Concorde Motorhomes
For over 30 years Concorde have been building motorhomes.
Here we list a few of the milestones in the history of the Concorde company are here, starting from the construction of the WIGWAM folding caravan to Concorde's own first model and the further development of the vehicles, as well as the expansion of the Aschbach plant.
- The first prize in the renowned “Promobil” readers choice election in the Category “Liner” went to the Charisma. Right behind it in second place came the Carver. The third place in the Category “Alcoves in the Price class over 50,000 €” was awarded to the Cruiser. More...
- Concorde and Iveco celebrate their 25 Year Jubilee this Year. 25 Years of combined innovation and excellent Team Work. More...
- The CMRF Club Celebrate their 10 Anniversary this Year with a Rally and Festival at the Concorde Home Base on our Factory Grounds here in Aschbach. . Frank Opper is the organizer and contact Person for our CMRF Club community.
- Our New Flagship “Centurion” received its first outing when it was presented to the Public at the CMT Stuttgart in January.
- The Liner Centurion with Slide-Out feature was launched at the “Caravan
Salon, Dusseldorf” in late Summer, as was our New look Carver.
Armin Dietz returned to Concorde to take control of the Customer Service Department once again. Armin, who was Born in Bamberg and is an avid Basketball Fan, has returned to his Concorde Roots.
- Our Traditional “Himmelsfahrt” Rally took place from 9 May through to the 12 May. Over 600 Guests attended the celebrations in more than 300 Motorhomes at our Home Base here in Aschbach.
- The CFN (Concorde Friends North) elected Gunnar Jacobsen as its Chairman. The Club has 300 Members with 150 Motorhomes.
- The Venue of the Concorde Summer excursion was the Baltic Area of Europe this Year. A Gourmet Roundtrip through the Baltic States of Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania with an array of Cultural Highlights.
- This Year Concorde sent two of the Newly introduced Charisma Mark 3's on a wide reaching Road Show. From April through to August a Charisma 900 M and a Charisma 850 L where on Tour throughout Europe. More...
- The Popular Singer “Semino Rossi” was supported on his European Solo Tour with an Exclusive Concorde Motorhome.
- The King of Talk became the King of the Road. Hans Meiser is a German TV Personality with over 8 Years of Show Business Career in German TV Afternoon Talk Shows. Hans fulfilled his long time Dream when he took Charge of a 940 LR Cruiser.
- The New Concorde Web Site was Launched Online. A feature of which is the new Concorde Motorhome Configurator, which achieved an enormous user Popularity.
- The Concorde Customer Rally at the Biathlon World Championships, with the Support of German National Trainer Fritz Fischer, was a huge success. The Autumn Rally toured through the Franconia Landscape..
- Concorde begins the 2011 motorhome year with numerous product innovations at the CMT (Holiday Exhibition) in Stuttgart. More...
- More than 100 Concorde motorhome owners take part in the Winter Meeting in Sexten, Germany.
- Once again there are more than 700 motorhome owners at the Concorde Ascension Day Meeting. Secretary of State Joachim Herrmann attends for the third time and makes the opening speech.
- Multiple DTM champion Mattias Ekström travels in a Concorde Liner all season. More...
- The Concorde Charisma 3 is introduced to the trade at the dealership convention in Bad Bruckenau.
- More than 350 motorhomes and more than 700 motorhome owners take part in the Concorde Ascension Day Meeting.
- Concorde presents itself as sponsor of the Ice Hockey World Championships and takes over the organisation of the motorhome park. Numerous customers are delighted.
- A Concorde Autumn Meeting takes place for the first time, this year in the Prignitz region.
- Concorde introduces the new models Concorde C1 Cruiser and Concorde Liner at the Caravan Salon trade fair in Dusseldorf. Customers, press and trade partners greet the new vehicles with great enthusiasm.
- Olympic mountain bike champion Sabine Spitz chooses a Concorde Credo Alkoven (alcove overcab model) as her motorhome during the competition phase. More...
- Concorde motorhomes score top marks at the Alde cold chamber trials in Sweden.
- Foundation stone laid for new component parts manufacturing plant.
- As a core area of expertise, chassis remodelling from an external
service provider is brought back into the company. 30 new jobs are created.
Concorde now has more than 300 employees.
- Sebastian Vettel is the first current Formula 1 World Champion to drive a Concorde. He finds himself in good company. Ex-champion Nigel Mansell also has faith in the quality products from Aschbach. More...
- The models in the 3.5 ton class are augmented by the Credo Emotion on a Fiat chassis.
- Concorde presents the special model D-Liner on an Iveco Daily Chassis. More...
- The best sales results since the beginning of the company are achieved at the Caravan Salon fair in Dusseldorf. More...
- More than 100 motorhomes take part in the Winter Rally in Viechtach.
- Big Family meeting in Aschbach. More than 300 motorhomes travel to the Concorde plant over the Ascension Day bank holiday.
- Technical clothing manufacturer TAO becomes a trade partner.
- Concorde becomes an official partner of the IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship 2010.
- Concorde racing driver Sebastian Vettel finishes the Formula 1 season with the title of Vice World Champion. More...
- The first Concorde online merchandising shop is launched.
- Formula 1 driver Sebastian Vettel gets behind the wheel of his Concorde Liner. More...
- The first Credo models are distributed.
- Launch of the 890G with Smart car garage. More...
- Construction of Works II, as well as a storage warehouse for Works II. Start of production of the Credo here.
- First production of a semi-integrated at Concorde.
- Ex-Formula One World Champion Grand Prix driver, Nigel Mansell, takes his HGV test and orders snew HGV Concorde Cruiser. More..
- The Liner range is extended to include the 1040 and the 1090, the largest Concorde vehicle yet. More...
- Launch of the completely new integrated Carver. The Compact, Cruiser and Liner are completely reengineered and the Charisma gets more layouts.
- Formula 1 driver Ralf Schumacher and mountain bike World Champion Sabine Spitz drive a Concorde.
- The new € 350,000 heating press is put into operation. More...
- Olympic Skiing Champion, Bode Miller Shuns the Olympic Village and returns to his Concorde Motorhome. More...
- Launch of the brand new Concorde Charisma. More...
- Construction of a new furniture warehouse with a floor area of 750 square metres.
- Construction of a 95 x 12 metre panel production workshop.
- Establishment of the company Concorde Reisemobile GmbH.
- Completion of the new 140 x 25 metre production workshop.
- The company's founder, Helmut Reimann, dies in an accident.
- Start of the development of the successor to the Charisma.
- To mark the occasion of the company's 20th anniversary, the Concorde Cruiser special model is launched, a luxury alcove vehicle based on the new Iveco Euro Cargo Chassis.
- Inspired by the success of the integrated, Concorde extends its Concerto range to include alcove vehicles.
- Due to the high level of demand, a Compact with mirror-image layout and right hand drive chassis is specially developed for the UK market
- Fundamental revision of the Charisma and C1.
- The C1 is also mounted on the Iveco Euro Cargo base.
- The Liner becomes the first German motorhome with a specially developed custom dashboard.
- Compact and Charisma are voted "Motorhome of the year".
- The Concorde Compact wins the promobil magazine readers' choice award for the fifth time in succession.
- The new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is adopted as base vehicle. For the first time in the firm's history, a motorhome on a 7.5 ton chassis.
- Launch of the MAN 8226 based Concorde C1 in Dusseldorf.
- Launch of the new generation Concept and Charisma models as alcove vehicles based on the new Iveco Daily.
- Launch of a completely new model of integrated.
- Readers of the trade magazine vote the Charisma and Compact motorhomes of the year.
- Launch of the first Concorde integrated model.
- The Compact is voted into first place in the category "Motorhome of the year" for the first time.
- The company's premises in Zellingen is sold. The new administrative buildings and production plant are built in Aschbach.
- Relocation to Aschbach at the end of the year.
- New models with double floor chassis based on the Iveco Daily and the new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
- Launch of the new alcove generation with double floor chassis based on the Fiat Ducato at the Caravan Salon show in Dusseldorf.
- Launch of the Compact, a van conversion based on the new Ducato.
- Launch of the advanced alcove models.
- Comprehensive construction and investment in Aschbach.
- Voted into second and third place in the category "Motorhome of the year" for the first time in the Promobil trade magazine.
- Voted into the top three every year since then.
- Construction of a 1,000 square metre production workshop facility for the sports models in Zellingen.
- Launch of the Concorde Sport TX, the first camper van with sealed bathroom unit.
- Launch of the new series at the Caravan Salon show in Essen.
- Third generation of the Concorde motorhomes based on the Peugeot/Fiat chassis.
- Second expansion of the Aschbach works.
- Launch of the CONCORDE Countryboy, a compact alcove model based on the Mitsubishi L 300.
- Production of models on a Ford chassis is abandoned.
- Production based exclusively on the VW LT chassis instead.
- Production of the WIGWAM folding caravan stopped with concentration now focused on Concorde motorhomes.
- First models offered based on the Euro chassis (Peugeot).
- First “Sport” models, conversion of the Peugeot panel van.
- Start of motorhome building. Models: Concorde 500 RS and 500 XS on a Ford Transit chassis.
- A total of 60 units produced in the first year of business.
- Alteration and first expansion of the works. Start of vehicle production with exhibition and special trailers.
- Renamed Schlusselfelder Karosserie Werk (Schlusselfeld Bodyworks).
- Up to 1983, 120 exhibition trailers supplied to the Portas company.
- Foundation of the SKW GmbH company and acquisition of the Aschbach works in Schlusselfeld from Tabbert GmbH.
- Initially produced plastic parts and components for the Helmut Reimann works in Zellingen which was manufacturing WIGWAM folding caravans